What to do in your garden in February
Ok so it’s still a bit wintery out there with snow, frost and cold weather, but Spring is just around the corner.
Daffodils are pushing up and snowdrops can be seen in the hedgerows.
Here’s our quick rundown of the things you can be doing this month to get yourself and your garden ready for the coming year:
- Prepare vegetable seed beds, and sow some vegetables under cover
- Chit potato tubers
- Protect blossom on apricots, nectarines and peaches
- Net fruit and vegetable crops to keep the birds off
- Prune winter-flowering shrubs that have finished flowering
- Divide bulbs such as snowdrops, and plant those that need planting ‘in the green’
- Prune Wisteria
- Prune hardy evergreen hedges and renovate overgrown deciduous hedges
- Prune conservatory climbers
- Cut back deciduous grasses left uncut over the winter